Nothing annoys more than a buzzing and static noise from the headphones while listening to your favorite jam. My readers often ask me on Reddit about the reasons and troubleshooting of the Static noise in headphones Reddit. For the convenience of my readers, I will elaborate on the detailed reasons and provide a step-by-step guide on fixing this issue.
In short, to avoid the static noise, go to the device manager and then to the Audio Inputs and Outputs, look for the headphones, find the Drivers, and then click Update Drivers.
You will be able to read about the troubleshooting of the different devices, including windows 10, android, and the iPhone. Furthermore, we will discuss the solutions to the static noise problem in the MacBook in the successive section.
Why do I hear static in my Headphones?
Have you checked your audio settings while using the headphones on your PC? Audio settings and other critical reasons mainly cause the static noise in headphones pc. The reasons include:
Erroneous Audio Settings
The first thing that you need to look for is the audio settings. Ensure your default audio settings are set to the headphones you are using now. Sometimes tweaking and adjusting solve the issue.
Faulty Wires and Damaged Speakers
Sometimes the wires( in the case of wired headphones) and the speakers are damaged. You will not hear a clear voice when the wires in the headband and the speakers are not in an intact state.
The port of the PC or other audio source plays a significant role in voice clarity and avoiding the buzz or static noise. Dirty and unclean ports disturb the audio quality, and you will end up with bad audio quality.
When it comes to the connector of the headphones, the right and universal one is the 3.5mm connector, but there are 2.5mm to 3.5mm Aux cables that people use and end up in the static noise.
The main reason for using your hearing static noise in Bluetooth headphones could be the surrounding electronic devices. You will hear the buzz or disturbing sound that will sour your listening experience.
How to get rid of static noise in headphones?
As we have learned about the potential reasons for the static noise, now we are in the proper position to solve and troubleshoot this issue.
Static Noise in Headphones Windows 10 | troubleshooting
If you are facing static noise in headphones when moving mouse on your Windows 10, then you can follow these steps to avoid it:
- Go to the Device Manager and look for the Sound inputs and outputs.
- After that, click the Headphones and look for Realtek Audio drivers.
- Now find the updated Drivers option.
- Update your sound drivers to the latest version.
- It mainly solves the problem, and you can enjoy listening to music.
Other steps include:
- Go to the Device manager and look for the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
- Then, go to the drivers and find the Update drivers option.
- Now update the drivers and enjoy your music.
How to get rid of static noise in headphones android?
I mainly use my Beats headphones with my Samsung Note 10, but recently I got the buzzing sound in headphones android. I followed this approach to solve the issue.
- Turn off both devices, as it will refresh the settings.
- Hard reset my headphones by pressing the power button for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Then, I connected again, and it worked fine.
The other vital solutions I tried:
- Change the audio settings of the mobile phone.
- Update the firmware of the headphones and the smartphone.
- Inspected the wires and speakers.
How to fix static noise in headphones iPhone?
I started hearing loud static noise in headphones while using them with my new iPhone, and yeah, that was total annoyance. The quick solutions I adopted were cleaning and updating the firmware.
The audio jack and cable on my headphones were free of damage or breakage, and the meshes of my headphones were clean and clear, with no debris remaining. After proper cleaning, it worked fine. After that, I updated my devices to the latest firmware, solving the issues correctly.
How to fix static noise in headphones Mac?
By following these steps, you can avoid constant static noise coming from the headphone while using the MacBook.
- Ensure your headphones work perfectly by adequately inspecting the wire and the connector.
- Also, ensure that speakers and mesh are dust free.
- Now you need to connect the headphones to the MacBook.
- After that, go to System Preferences and find Sound Settings.
- Set the play sound effects through to the External headphones.
- The static noise should have disappeared after you unchecked “Play feedback when volume changes” on your headphones.
In this article, I have explained in detail the reasons and causes of static noise while listening to music through headphones. In addition, you can study the solution on any device you use, whether it’s an iPhone or Android device, a PC with Windows 10, or an Apple Mac.