Nothing can make the audio experience more enjoyable than an excellent pair of headphones. I usually enjoy my free time watching my favorite show and listening to music on my Anker Soundcore Life Q20 Hybrid Headphones on my Hp laptop. Connecting a headset with a Hp laptop is a very smooth process, but sometimes it doesn’t detect. For this reason, I have created this guide on How to use headphones on Hp laptop for my readers.
In this how-to guide, I will describe the step-by-step process to connect and enable the connectivity of both devices. Besides, there will be complete troubleshooting of the Hp laptop not recognizing headphones windows 10 and 11 later in the article. So, stick with it.
How to use Bluetooth headphones on Hp laptop?
While working on my graphics designing projects, I connected my Anker headphones with the HP 15.6-inch Intel Core i5-1135G7 laptop. The steps to connect your laptop with headphones are:
- The first thing you need to do is to turn on the headphones and make them ready to pair.
- Now go to the Start button and then search the Bluetooth button in the search bar.
- After that, find the Bluetooth and other device settings from the search result.
- Then, turn on the Bluetooth settings.
- The next step is to add a Bluetooth device from the settings.
- You will see the detected Bluetooth devices.
- Then, select Anker headphones from the list.
Note: It may require verification, so better use a 000 pin code on both devices.
- After adding the pin, you will be asked to confirm the device.
- You are ready to play different music or watch TV shows on headphones.
How to connect wired headphones to laptop?
If you have wired headphones, as I have, Artix CL750 Wired Headphones: it needs the jack to connect to the Hp laptop. I connected it to my laptop for my official meeting. You only need to plug the 3.5mm jack into the port, and the laptop automatically detects the headphones.
You can listen to your favorite music or attend meetings without any fuss. Ensure the cable is not faulty, and the jack or connectors also support the headphones’ microphone. Otherwise, you will end up not recognizing the headphones.
Hp laptop not recognizing headphones windows 10 | Troubleshooting
Sometimes, the laptop doesn’t detect or recognize the headphones while connecting it. I get the queries from my friend that their HP laptop earphones not working. I always go for tweaks and thorough research to solve this issue. A few main reasons why the Hp laptop does not recognize the headphones on Windows 10 include:
- Your Hp does not have the updated sound drivers.
- Headphones are not correctly plugged or connected.
- The connector is not in proper shape.
- If you are using wire, the wire is faulty, or in the Bluetooth case – the device is damaged.
- Your laptop has a hardware issue.
To rectify these issues, you need to try these quick tweaks. I always try this, and it always works.
Reboot both Devices
The most straightforward method to refresh the connecting mechanism is rebooting or restarting both devices. It will primarily help to recognize the headphones on the Hp laptop.
Update the drivers
You need to update your laptop drivers; for this reason, you need to go to the control panel and then to the device manager leading the system settings. After that, locate Sound settings and check for updated drivers. If the drivers are updated, and you have selected it as the default, the issue is mainly in the headphones.
Change the Headphone Jack/ Connector
Sometimes, the connector of the 3.5mm jack is faulty and does not enable the headphones on the laptop. So, it is better to change the wire and try again. In addition, try setting the headphones to the default option for the audio playback.
Hp laptop not recognizing headphones Windows 11
You may follow these steps to troubleshoot the Hp laptop not detecting headphones on Windows 11.
- Go to the Device manager and look for the Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Then, double click it, go to High definition audio device, and look for properties.
- After that, update the drivers.
- If the headphones are still not working, browse the updated drivers from the laptop and install them.
- It mainly works after the installation.
- Change the headphones connector or headphones to cross-check.
Hp laptops and headphones go well together, but sometimes some firmware or hardware issue disturbs the listening experience. In this guide, I have illustrated the details on how to use headphones on a Hp laptop. Moreover, there is a troubleshooting process to ensure the connection between the Hp laptop and the headphones.