Wireless headphones can’t work without pairing with each other and other devices. The biggest challenge with true wireless earbuds is ensuring your buds are correctly connected and your device. SkullCandy is a fabulous pair of headphones for everyday use. Many reasons are there contributing to Skullcandy pairing issues. This guide will explain How to Fix Skullcandy Indy Evo Not Pairing Together?
The Skullcandy Indy Evo has updated cutting wireless technology. These earbuds allow you to make calls, listen to music, and have a personal listening experience. These headphones feature three unique EQ modes, a total battery life of 6 hours + 24 hours using the charging case, the IPX5 waterproof certification, a 6mm dynamic driver diameter, and much more.
If your Skullcandy Indy Evo earbuds are not pairing together, read this guide to fix them in no time and in the easiest way.
How To Fix Skullcandy Indy Evo Not Pairing Together
Skullcandy is everyone’s favorite headphones because of their affordable prices and compact size. Wireless headphones and pairing problems come hand in hand. Sometimes, you may unintentionally disconnect the buds and change their paired state, leading to Skullcandy indy pairing issues and affecting your ability to use either bud solo (Solo Mode).
Indy Evo Pairing issues may arise because of various reasons like:-
- Software Bugs
- Outdated Firmware
- Mono Mode of Earbuds
- Low Battery
After removing them from the case, both earbuds should pair together and appear on your phone as a single Bluetooth device. If the earbuds don’t pair each other first, the two earbuds will show up as two separate devices on your phone’s Bluetooth list.
However, Skullcandy has designed Indy Evo with mono mode, which can be paired separately to your phone and used alone. Mono mode often creates some unintended pairing problems. Fixing Skullcandy is not a big problem when there is no permanent damage to the headphones. You can take several steps to troubleshoot the problem.
Unpair the Earbuds
After discovering one earbud of your Skullcandy is paired to the device, and the other one is not activated, you must fix this by unpairing the earbuds from all the devices.
Power Off Earbuds
Sometimes switching off the power can solve many matters. Take out both Indy earbuds from the case and power them off. To power off, touch and hold each bud for 6 seconds. The LED light will flash Red & Blue until it becomes Red and shuts off. Repeat this process for the other earbud as well.
Restarting your earbuds will fix all the bugs.
- Firstly keep both buds out of the charging case.
- Press and hold both buds for 6 seconds.
- Your buds are switched off.
- Place buds in the case until both buds show red,
- Again take them out of the case.
- Now both buds will automatically turn on.
Resetting helps to restore the default settings on your headphone. After resetting Skullcandy Indy Evo, the bugs or issues will no longer hinder them from pairing together. Once your earbuds are disconnected from your phone and turned OFF, you can power cycle or reset them.
How to Reset Skullcandy Indy Evo?
- Press and hold both earbuds together for 10 seconds. Both earbuds will enter reset mode, going through these states; POWER ON > PAIRING > POWER OFF > POWER ON.
- You will hear both earbuds say power on, pairing, power off, and power on. Release the button when you hear the 2nd Power on message.
- Now your earbuds are reset.
Remove Mono Mode
Skullcandy Indy Evo earbuds are designed to use in a single-bud mode where you can only use one. (You can only use the right bud in the mono mode because it is the primary bud.).
Mono bud mode activates when you take out only the right bud from the case and the left one is still in the charging case leading to Skullcandy indy evo left earbud not working.
You may have done that because your earbuds go in the single mode or are stuck in this mode and not pairing together. To fix both earbuds not pairing together, you should deactivate Indy Evo only one pairing, i.e., mono mode.
- You must put the right bud in the charging case and close its lid.
- Then remove both buds from the charging case at the same time.
- They will enter pairing mode and will pair together.
Charge Earbuds and Charging Case
Skullcandy Wireless Headphones are battery-operated, making it easy for you to carry them wherever you are. The low battery can create significant issues in your Skullcandy headphones’ normal working. When you discover both the earbuds are not pairing together, you can go for charging the earbuds and the charging case.
To charge the earbuds, place them into the charging case and close the lid. The earbuds will start charging automatically.
To charge the charging case, connect the case to a compatible USB charger or charging port with the included USB-A to C cable. An incompatible and inappropriate charging cable will cause the Skullcandy Indy Evo case not charging.
Both earbuds will take only 1 hour to charge from 0% to 100%. Moreover, the charging case will take 2 hours to charge from 0% level to 100%.
Headphones amaze you with their unique features because they operate on the latest tech versions. With time, the version gets old and needs to be updated at regular intervals. Firmware updates fix all the bugs, remove glitches, and keeps them going smoothly and functioning perfectly. You can keep track of the latest updates in the Skkullcandy application. How to update the firmware?
- Download the Skullcandy app.
- Connect Skullcandy Indy Evo with phone and app.
- Open the app on your phone and then open the notification tab.
- Look for the headphone’s model update.
- If an update is available, download the latest one and complete the process.
Contact Customer Support
Your last rescue for your Skullcandy not pairing together should be to contact customer support.
The best part about using Skullcandy headphones is that they come under a 1-year warranty. You can warranty your headphones when unable to fix the issue.
Customer support either gives you a solution to your issue or replaces the headphones with a new one. Be ready to sign the form and have thorough knowledge about the following when contacting customer support:-
- The earbud’s model number.
- The earbud’s serial number.
- Information about purchase date, time, and seller.
- Any information about the warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to pair Skullandy Indy Evo?
Indy Evo has brought up wireless audio technology. Experiencing it will be a whole new experience, but first, you must pair your Skullcandy headphones. Pairing Indy to your device for the first time is uncomplicated and can be done in no time by following simple steps:-
- Take out your Indy earbuds from the package.
- Keep them in the charging case, make sure the LEDs turn red, and close the lid.
- Now set aside your earbuds from the case.
- This process will automatically switch on Indy Evo and put it into pairing mode. (Only the left earbud will flash red and blue lights.)
- You can then select Indy from your device’s list of Bluetooth devices.
- When connected or paired to a specific Bluetooth device, the earbuds will flash blue.
Why is my Indy Evo Blinking Blue and Red?
The headphones flashing light indicate their functions. Mainly the LED flashing indicates the headphones’ pairing or discovery mode. Pairing mode means your headphones are searching for another Bluetooth device to connect. Sometimes, headphones fail to connect or pair with another device, so they constantly blink red and blue to let the error be identified.
It is a moment of complete frustration when you discover your Skullcandy is not pairing together. Pairing problems hinder your headphone usage. Skullcandy Indy Evo Not Pairing Together can be due to outdated firmware, low battery, software bugs, etc., but How To Fix Skullcandy Indy Evo Not Pairing Together is manageable. You can troubleshoot the problem in no time without any complications. This guide has explained all the possible solutions to treat the pairing problems of your Skullcandy Indy Evo.