Sony is a household name famous for providing top-notch and durable quality. The Sony headphones provide the most reliable noise-canceling, crystal-clear sound quality and offer flawless wireless connectivity. I have been using Sony WF-1000XM4 for a while and was surprised by its top-grade audio performance. When it comes to connecting it to my MacBook Pro M1, I found it relatively more straightforward than other headphones. For all beginners looking for How to Connect Sony Headphones to Mac? It is for you.
This guide will teach you about the step-by-step guide to connecting and pairing Sony headphones to Mac. Moreover, if you are a regular Apple user, you will also learn about connecting your Sony headsets with the iPhone in a breeze. Additionally, you will read about the troubleshooting process later in the article.
How to connect Sony headphones to Mac wf-1000xm4?
I admire the noise cancelation of the Sony headphones, which is one of the key reasons I bought the WF-1000XM4. When I connected these earbuds with my MacBook, I followed these steps.
How to put Sony headphones in pairing mode?
The first step in connecting the Sony headphones to any device is to put them into pairing mode. It involves these steps:
- Turn your earbuds on by pressing the power button for a few seconds(2 seconds) until you see the blue light.
- Keep your thumbs on both headphones(power button) for about 6 to 7 seconds and wait till the blue light flashes.
- It is ready to pair.
Connect your Headphones to Mac
After setting your headphones on pairing mode and then:
- Go to the Bluetooth settings of the MacBook and turn it on.
- Locate your device from the list and select it.
- Then, connect your device.
Change the Mac Sound Settings
Go to the sound settings and change the default sound settings from speaker to Bluetooth headphones. Now you will be able to hear the music from your headsets.
Sony headphones app for Mac
Sony headphones app for Macbook provides the most straightforward way to connect your headphones to the Mac. It provides a step-by-step guide to connecting headphones to Mac. You are just a tap away from pairing headphones to your Mac.
How to connect Sony headphones to iPhone?
The iPhone has a separate fanbase, and I am one of its top fans. I have been using the iPhone 13 Pro Max, and to pair with this perfect device, I chose the Sony headphones – the name of quality. My Sony WH-1000xm5 offers the most satisfying audio experience. To connect, you need to follow these steps:
- Turn on the Sony Bluetooth headphones by clicking the power button for pairing.
- Put it in the pairing mode (mainly by turning it on, they become ready to pair) by pressing the power button for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Now go to the iPhone settings and find the Bluetooth settings( or go to the notification bar to turn it on).
- After that, enable Bluetooth and look for the Sony WH-1000XM5 in the list.
- Select it and pair it with your Sony and enjoy.
How to connect Sony wh-1000xm3 to Mac?
If you have a Sony WH-1000XM3 and want to connect it to your Mac, turn on the pairing mode of the headphones and make them ready to pair. Afterward, go to your MacBook System settings and find the Bluetooth settings to select your Sony headsets. Now you are ready to listen to your favorite jam in your headphones by changing the Default Sound Settings of the MacBook Pro to Headphones.
Sony headphones not connecting to Mac | Troubleshooting
My Sony WH-CH510 was not connecting; then, I solved the issue. If your Sony headphones are not connecting to Mac, then troubleshoot it by following these instructions.
- Make sure your MacBook does support (A2DP).
- Keep your headphones in proximity.
- Keep your headphones fully charged.
- Ensure to turn the volume on.
- Your headphones or MacBook are updated to the latest version.
- If one of your devices is faulty – change it.
In this article, I have described all the details you need to connect Sony headphones to Mac comprehensively. In addition, you can troubleshoot the connecting problem and enjoy your favorite music.
- How to Connect Headphones to Keyboard? All You Need to Know
- How Far Can Wireless Headphones Reach? Does Bluetooth reach far?