Do you hear someone saying get outside of the books’ world? Well, bone conduction headphones make it possible and maintain your link with your surroundings without bothering what you are listening to. With bulky headphones, sound quality is ensured, but at the risk of isolation. If you are looking for the Best Bone-Conduction Headphones for Audiobooks, do not forget to glance at my open-ear headphones list.
Utilizing bone-conduction headphones for several years and never facing disappointment in sound quality is the article’s essence. I have combined my best-recommended bone conduction headphones after analyzing all their technicalities by comparing them with 30 different music devices.
Our Top Picks
- AfterShokz Titanium – Overall Best Bone Conduction headphones.
- Tayogo Bone Conduction Headphones S2 – Best for Battery Timings
Best Bone Conduction Headphones for Audiobooks Review
After testing and using these Bone Conduction headphones for my daily audiobooks and podcasts. I have cherry picked these headphones and now presenting you the Bone Conduction Headphones.
|PRODUCT NAME||RATING||BUY NOW|
|Tayogo Bone Conduction Headphones S2|
|YouthWhisper Bone Conduction|
|Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones|
AfterShokz Titanium Best Bone Conduction Headphones for Audiobooks
The official athletics headphones of England drew my attention to add to the list of best audiobook headphones. Also, the headset enjoys the privilege of being a firstborn in the Aftershokz family. What makes titanium different from others is a must-read to enjoy the narrator’s voice while never cutting from what happens outside.
I like the Aftershokz titanium headphones’ design, which comprises a thick band of part titanium and part plastic. The design makes it unique from Aftershokz Aeropex, which comprises a thin band of only titanium construction. You will enjoy wearing the titanium headphone as much as I do since now because of its lightweight structure of 36 g.
While discussing the technical features of headphones, the device is compatible with iOS, Android, and PCs, enabling me to pair it everywhere and kill my boredom. Although the Bluetooth standard of 4.0 is outdated, it does not make a difference to me when the LeakSlayer technology provides perfect clarity in vocals.
I am sorted by using titanium headphones for listening to my audiobooks because they allow me to utilize the headphones for almost 6 hours and also offer to pick up the call with an available microphone. While the cherry on the cake is its IP55 rating, it works great for me during commuting in light showers.
Do you hear the headphones have two versions; a standard one for normal heads and another one, is mini version for small heads? Yes, titanium is the one that makes you catch each and every detail without the worry of adjusting them all the way.
Key Specifications & Features
- Design: Open-ear Headphones
- Connectivity: 4.0 Bluetooth Connectivity with LeakSlayer technology
- Battery life: 6 hours
- Microphone: for calls
- Noise Canceling: for clear voices
- Warranty: 2 years
- Water resistance: IP55 rated – not suitable for swimming
- Bluetooth and LeakSlayer technology mitigate sound leakage.
- Specially designed for long-wearing
- Durable enough to survive strenuous exercises
- The drawstring bag protects the headphones from debris
- Sweating causes connecting and disconnecting the phone with the headphones.
- Cause odd vibrations at higher volumes.
- The headset turns off on its own after the call ends, not bothering about the music you listen to before this.
Final Verdict | Best Bone Conduction Headphones for Audiobooks
Titanium headphone is on my list because it is available in two standard versions for a snug fit. Also, you do not find any design differences between others headphones of the same family. So, what are you waiting for? Put your finger on the most affordable and classy black-colored headphones.
Rebranded versions are always the best; the same is true with Shokz OpenMove, the updated heir of AfterShokz OpenMove. However, I have used both and found the newer ones with exclusive features. The most exciting feature is the availability of the USB-C charging cable in freshers, making it easier for me to get my headphones to charge within no time.
The OpenMove headphones follow the path of less is more, and the 29 g weight of the headset makes it easy for me to wear for hours and not have headaches. Moreover, the headphones are equipped with 5.0 Bluetooth, and quick pairing allows me to listen to motivational lines without distortion.
You can also have the bone conduction headphones, giving six hours of playtime without turning off the device. What’s better than utilizing a device with premium pitch 2.0 sound quality? In addition, the compatibility of headphones suits every device regardless of being a PC, MacBook, or smartphone.
Utilizing OpenMove bone conduction headphones makes me quick in skipping or fast-forwarding boring content with the help of a multifunction button. Whether in the office or commuting by bus, there is no chance of getting low signals to make you far apart from listening to your best book.
The only downside of the headphone is their lower IP55 waterproofing does not make it suitable for carrying them in showers or rain. If you want a headphone with a more excellent waterproofing value, opt for Shokz OpenRun, which comes with IP67.
Key Specifications & Features
- Design: Open Ear Design
- Premium Pitch 2.0: dynamic makes it quality
- Water Resistant: IP55 is water-resistant, making it reliable
- Connectivity: 5.0 Bluetooth technology for effective pairing.
- Battery life: 6 hours long battery life
- Microphone: to call or attend meetings
- Charging: USB-C charging port
- Multipoint: for pairing multiple devices
- Body: Titanium body
- Multifunction Button: Easy to control
- Do not go directly in the ear, ensuring a snug fitting
- The sturdy build design helps me bend them before keeping them in the carrying case.
- I like the button layout of the OpenMove headphones.
- Multipoint could be better; disconnecting from one device to listen to the other.
- They are manageable with spectacles.
- The length of the USB-C cable could be long enough.
Who does not want to accolade the smarter one? Well, Shokz OpenMove comes with all the new features. From the sturdy body, high-pitched sound, and multifunction button accessibility, you do not find any prominent flaw in it. However, the battery timings and IP rating need upgradation.
Tayogo Bone Conduction Headphones S2
Apart from Shokz bone conduction headphones, I have added an extremely affordable bone headphone to heighten the experience while listening to audiobooks. If you want to avoid crashing your bank account and having the feel of designer headphones adorning your head, Tayogo S2 headphones are for you.
The headphones share the same design as Aftershokz Trekz Air, which even confused me while holding it for the first time. Then what makes Tayogo different from others? First, the 5.0 Bluetooth, and second, 7 hours of playtime.
The open-ear design of titanium alloy makes it one of the lightweight headphones in this price range. I prefer Tayogo bone headphones because they are water resistant with an IPX5 rating for jogging while not disturbing which page you are listening to within 30 feet of Bluetooth range.
I do not find the best alternative other than Tayogo headphones because of the sound quality it delivers. No matter which type of audiobook you prefer, the bilateral system is icing on the cake for me to appreciate crystal-clear vocals.
The beneficial thing about S2 headphones is the availability of sponge earplugs. I often use these earplugs when at home or remove them when outside. However, there is no distraction in listening to great authors through the ears.
Furthermore, the price range and colorful models await your attention to keep them in your studios or homes. So, check out the features of Tayogo S2 bone conduction headphones on your own and replace your expensive headphones.
Key Specifications & Features
- Design: Open-Ear Design
- Water Resistant: IPX5 Waterproofing
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0 within 30 feet range
- Battery life: 8 hours of talk time and 7 hours of playtime
- Microphone: Built-in mic for calling and clear Voice
- Multifunction Button: for volume/songs adjustment/settings
- Body: Titanium Alloy framework
- I wear sponge earplugs for excellent noise isolation.
- With Bluetooth 5.0, I experienced no audio delay.
- The headphones can be rotated 360 degrees, increasing their durability.
- Comes with two years warranty – call for durability
- The headphones are just sweatproof and not suitable for swimming.
- Google Assistant is not accessible
- Speakers of the Tayogo Headphones are thick
Final Verdict – Best Bone Conduction Headphones for Audiobooks
Tayogo bone conduction headphones efficiently put a tick mark on every box of their technical features. The silicone tips on the earpieces, long battery life, Bluetooth connectivity, and broad compatibility make them nothing less than expensive headphones.
Aftershokz Aeropex (Rebranded as Shokz OpenRun
Can you connect to your surroundings and listen to audiobooks simultaneously? You can, with Aftershokz Aeropex. It is the most demanding and featured headset among customers, including me. The reason for its favoritism is the upgraded version by Shokz as OpenRun.
Since I have both headphones in my use, let’s review the differences so that you can better decide to buy a gadget for yourself. The Aeroepx and OpenRun headphones share the same Bluetooth 5.0 within the range of 30 feet distance. I do not face any connection problems up till now with both.
The next one is the same IP67 waterproofing. To my disappointment, I cannot carry both headphones with me in the swimming pool. Sound quality is relatable; it also depends on your mood and at which volume you would like to listen to a particular narrator.
Where lies the better performance? The battery life of Aeropoex and OpenRun headphones provides me enough tenure of 8 long hours to have a coffee in a one-day camp and constantly listen to it.
The OpenRun is indeed the warrior and beat the Aeropex with its quick charge feature. Since you can charge for only 10 minutes, be ready to make the most of headphones with 1.5 hours of battery as a return gift. If you are interested in investing, I advise you to look for shokz OpenRun with its upgraded and smart features. You can choose Shokz OpenRun Pro for its Turbo Pitch sound quality and 10 hours of battery life.
Key Specifications & Features
- Design: Open Ear Design
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0 wireless connectivity.
- Multifunction Button: to adjust and Control.
- Noise Canceling: for sound clarity, preciseness, and delivery
- Waterproofing: IP67 rated – not suitable for swimming or Deepwater
- Battery life: 8 long hours
- Microphone: for clear voice delivery
- 26 g weight of the headphones does not feel heavy behind the head.
- Comfortable for long-wearing
- The vibrating sensations at high volume are reduced in Aeropex
- I found the Aeroepx accessible with multifunction buttons
- Headphones are more expensive than usual.
- The headphones are not suitable for swimming in deep water.
Although the price of the Aeropex makes you feel sad about your pocket for a moment, I surely say you will not regret your decision. All the headset features will make you fall in love with it. I have my reason for liking it because of the rich sound quality. You cannot conclude the difference between regular or bone conduction headphones.
YouthWhisper Best Bone Conduction Headphones for Audiobooks
I started using youthwhisper bone conduction headphones on my friend’s recommendation. Well, you must wonder, how it goes? Youthwhisper headphones have been with me for almost one year, and I find them nothing less than any other headphones.
The sound quality and durability match with Aftershokz Titanium headphones. In addition, the 5.0 Bluetooth connectivity within a 3 ft extended range than Aeropex allows me to roam about while listening to my favorite scenes.
While discussing more the features, the headset inculcates an IP54 waterproofing, durable enough to sustain water splashes. I use youthwhisper headphones because they do not leak audio and transfer crystal clear voice on the other end through a built-in microphone.
Furthermore, the performance of one headphone is not enough to declare your final verdict. In that case, you can look for other models of Youthwhisper bone conduction headphones, such as YouthWhisper Pro Open Ear Bone Conduction Headphones. The specialty of using this model is the availability of a rotating microphone for effective calls during listening to audiobooks.
Key Specification and Features
- Style: in-ear
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0
- Range: 33 feet
- Battery Life: 8 hours talk time; 6 hours playtime
- Standby Time: 20 days
- Waterproofing: IP54 sweat-resistant
- Material: Titanium Alloy Frame
- Microphone: for clear phone calls
- Weight: 0.88oz
- Silicone pads make headphones wearing comfortable
- Charge headphones only in 30-45 minutes
- Sound quality is laudable
- LED indication is beneficial in dark
- Satisfied quality of the built-in microphone
- The voice pauses on its own when the phone rings
- The build quality is not sturdy – make it less durable
- Do not come with a protective carrying case.
- Utilize a micro USB cable for charging.
Final Verdict | Best Bone Conduction Headphones for Running 2023
Although youthwhipser headphones cannot compete with premium bone headphones, the price tag may attract you to put your finger on them. The latest Bluetooth standard, broad compatibility, and titanium structure do not make me look for any other device.
AfterShokz Air Best Bone Conduction Headphones for Audiobooks
Any headphones from the Aftershokz family can become audiobook headphones. Aftershokz Air has many similar features compared to other headphones. The main reason for adding it to my list is its multipoint pairing. Aftershokz Air works on the 4.2 Bluetooth connectivity and lets me simultaneously pair it with different devices.
Since it is one of the initials of the Aftershokz headphones, Trekz Air resists light rains with IP55 waterproofing. It provides me the 6 hours to listen to audiobooks without distortion or insatiable connections.
Furthermore, the headset has a multifunction button, microphone, and LED indications to confirm pairing along with a voice note. I have been using Aftershokz Trekz Air headphones for several months, and its adjustable titanium headphone does not press my head and provide a clear voice.
The only downside is the availability of the old-fashioned USB charging cable that takes approximately 2 hours to charge the headphones. So you must wait for the time as it does not come with a quick charge feature.
Key Specifications & Features
- Design: Open-ear headphones.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Connectivity
- Multifunction Button: to manage the play and pause/skip
- Sweat Proofing: IP55 rated to keep the sweat away.
- Battery life: 6 hours battery life.
- Voice Assistant: for assisting different
- Microphone: for making calls.
- Noise Canceling: for better voice quality.
- Band/Frame: titanium-made durable frame.
- Multi pairing: to connect more than one device
- The silicone protective case protects the headphone from debris.
- Superior audio quality
- Multipoint pairing is beneficial
- Noise-canceling is unsatisfactory
- The headphones are pricey.
Trekz Air is the choice of many, including me, as it belongs to the Aftershokz family. The features meet the requirement for the best connection, comfort, and sufficient battery life. So, what are you waiting for? Avail the opportunity of being an aftershokz user.
Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones Bluetooth 5.0
Bone conduction headphones have their perks. Why not? These devices are equipped with wireless Bluetooth technology and provide the freedom of roaming within the recommended range. Similarly, I found MOING headphones with a minor attraction during testing.
But to my amazement, the headphones excel in sound quality with the QCC chipset. You cannot regret listening to your favorite audiobook with these headphones. On one side, you are listening to what happens around you without missing a minor detail of the audiobook.
The discussion is not closed at this; there is more to learn about the MOING bone conduction headphones. The control button is another feature to control the volume functions in your way. Also, pairing with other devices is all fun as they do not demand hectic steps.
The extra features of 6 hours of battery life and a built-in microphone are the return gift for you on behalf of MOING headphones. Additionally, the device confines listening to an audiobook and makes it possible for you to appreciate the music of different genres.
You only find the headphones with IP56 protection and thus not suitable for taking them deep underwater. I prefer something other than the concept of charging the headphones with magnetic charging, reducing the chances of availability in case of wear and tear.
Key Specifications & Features
- Design: Open-Ear Headphones
- Water Resistant: IP56 rated – sweat resistance
- Connectivity: QCC Chipset for better Bluetooth v5.0 connectivity
- Battery life: 5-6 hours
- Microphone: CVC 8.0 microphone for precise calls
- Multifunction Button: to adjust the settings, play/pause, volume adjustment
- Reflective Design: for night visibility
- Magnetic Charging: safe charging method
- The neckband and device’s sides have fluorescent for visibility in dark
- Sound leakage is maximum
- I use them for indoor and outdoor activities as they are dust and waterproof.
- The neckband is flexible and easily adjusted without hurting the sides.
- The magnetic charger is not universal – it cannot be replaced in case of damage.
- The sound quality needs to improve; you feel muddiness at higher volumes.
Final Verdict | Best Bluetooth Bone Conduction Headphones
The charging method of MOING bone conduction headphones makes them less reliable to recommend them further to consumers. Otherwise, the bone headphones are at your service to provide excellent Bluetooth connectivity, ultimate comfort, and easy pairing connection.
May you also like: 10 Best Bone Conduction Headphones 2023 | Review & Guide
Bone Conduction Headphones for Audiobooks – Buying Guide
Selecting the bone-conduction headphones that match your comfort level is not an easy task. The buying guide contains certain features you must consider when buying the best headphone.
I must say, comfort is the first task you and I assign to the headphones. Don’t you? Headphones must-have luxury materials that do not cause pain, and in the case of bone conduction headphones, ease, and comfort is the most added factor because they trigger headache when vibrations pass through bones.
Whether you consider bone conduction or conventional headphones, sound quality is at the top of the list. There is no point in using headphones that do not stand on expectations for clear sounds and undistorted audio.
Look for bone-conduction headphones with microphones for adjusting sounds for calls, and opt for devices that do not cause odd vibrations at higher volumes when listening to music.
The most common factor associated with devices is low price tags, which further mark their durability. A headphone performs when it produces clear sound, connects with other devices quickly, and does not wear out. It is the working strength of the headphones that make them durable and not the cash. If you find the latest technology affordable, get your hands on them first.
The impressive design of the headphone is the first impression that attracts you to them. You opt for headphones that belong to a famous brand because they always come up with an exclusive design. Moreover, I suggest you buy one that offers replaceable parts. The sturdy and robust design tackles every head size while exercising.
Do you carry your regular headphones in water? Surely not. You should look for Bone Conduction Headphones that are waterproof and made with material that does not get harmed in outdoor activities.
For this reason, these headphones have an Ingress Protection (IP) feature ranging from IPX0-IPX9. The higher the rating, the more you take them in deep water and thus prevent less damage to the components of the headphones.
Lasting Battery Life
Why do you keep headphones with you? The answer is obvious because it has a charging time that enables you to carry it everywhere and listen to whatever you want. An extensive long-hour battery is essential for headphones. For example, AfterShokz Titanium Open Ear Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones have a lasting battery of 6 hours, but they efficiently provide 10 hours of playtime.
Can you Damage your Hearing with Bone Conduction Headphones?
Bone conduction headphones are open-ear headphones providing the opportunity to listen through bones. These are manufactured while considering the safety measures of protecting the inner layers of the ears. Remember to avoid listening to high volumes that result in more vibration production.
Which AfterShokz has the Best Sound?
Aftershokz Aeroepx has the best features, including the premium pitch of 2.0. You will listen to the powerful bass and higher volume by wearing the earpieces against the cheekbones.
Are There Different Sizes of Shokz Headphones?
Shokx Headphones offers two different sizes, mini and standard, for fulfilling the purpose of a snug fit. The former is for teens, kids, and people with small heads. The specialty in a mini version is 0.83 inches shorter band that ensures proffer adjustment. At the same time, regular size is specific for adults with large heads.
Do you like listening to audiobooks without isolating yourself from what happens around you? If yes, swap the over-ear headphones with more classy and convenient bone-conduction headphones. So, what are your thoughts on your next purchase? Are you going to take help from my article? If you do, it will benefit your pocket and make you less tired of testing various samples and looking for reviews on youtube channels.